There wasn't too much noise surrounding the follow-up to AmigaOS3.1.4, but the patience has paid off, and now they're breaking the silence: It's been less than 24 hours since the completion and release of AmigaOS 3.2 has been announced via facebook, and Hyperion's website!
Great news for AmigaOS users: The next updated version of official classic AmigaOS has been released. Here's a quick rundown of some of the changes and new features:
- ReAction GUI toolkit is included, with lots of bugfixes, and classes backported from AmigaOS4
- "DAControl" and trackfile.device provide near-perfect ADF handling and integration. Amiga disk files can be created, formatted, erased, ejected, etc. and mounted via double-click on Workbench icon.
- New help system and reference manual included
- Improved AIFF, GIF, JPG, WAV, PNG, BMP, CDXL and ANIM datatypes, and new datatypes for icons (.info files) and ACBM images. AmigaGuide datatype can now display inline images, picture.datatype is much faster, sound.datatype supports up to 32 bit resolution, text datatype adds search functionality.
- Workbench updates: title bar with date, CPU and tasks information, windows resizable from any border, windows can be iconified, window contents can be sorted increasing/decreasing, wheel mouse support
- a partition mounter, and "find" utility
- shell TAB autocompletion, configurable
- a "history" command
- updates to Early Startup Menu, including optional step-by-step execution of Startup-sequence
...and many more! This is really just a short excerpt from the official announcement. (Of course a new iconset is included, too.) See link below for full list.
AmigaOS3.2 is available on CD-ROM, containing ADFs for emulator use, a ready-to-run AmigaOS environment that can be copied to your harddisk, all Amiga models' disks and kickstart ROM images (oh, wow), and printable labels.
Congratulations to the developers!
Go to Hyperion's website for more details, and AmigaOS3.2 vendors: